Some other interesting twitters I follow:
Mars Phoenix Lander - First person perspective on the Mars Phoenix Lander, neat idea.
Thursday The band Thursday has a neat studio journal, unfortunately every album they've released since Full Collapse has been a disappointment.
Although, according to this, UK users can no longer receive SMS updates. Poor fellows.
Some other great sites I frequent:
Official Ubuntu Forums - A great resource for all things *buntu.
Deezer - Online music streams, great for work.
OpenDrive Access your hard-drive from anywhere.
Today's Big Thing - Whatever the latest internet video-fad is.
A more complete, and actual blog, post to follow.
because liam won't do it
there has not been a dovka in more than two weeks.
1. fon is a brilliant idea, right in line with my socialist tendencies, but the fonera router is a piece of trash. It won't connect to Googletalk, or check Gmail via POP. I also can't attach to my work VPN through it, and the private wifi signal won't ever give me an IP address. So now I just keep it plugged in, so on the off chance anyone ends up in the middle of nowhere near me, they can connect all they want.
2. DECT makes for a better home phone than 2.4ghz ever did.
3. I'm clearly a network nerd, which you should all know by now, since I just rewired my home network to fit in the unused portion of a bookshelf. Well, in the empty space under it, really. Although now I'm thinking it would be neat to get some short rack rails and actually fit it into the shelf.
4. Getting Amazon Secret Santa gifts in April is actually a pleasant experience, and Porco Rosso is excellent.
5. I bought a 32" LCD TV today. I'll let you know how that is when it arrives in 7-10 days.
well... liam made me do it.
I did have a look around this morning at the "blogosphere" (another term I hate. I actually grimaced whilst typing it) and there are so many pages that could be carbon copies of each other. If I have to read another post about some person who just finished an awesome layout filled with AJAX, CSS2.x (compatible with 3.x, naturally!) and XHTML1.1S and the obligatory arse-lick comments from passers by that inevitably come with it, I might take a toaster with me next time I take a bath. I'm all for someone celebrating their achievements, but I'm sick of the same achievement being posted again and again ad infinitum on infinite weblogs. Having said all that, I better watch my step. Don't want to be labeled a hypocrite now, do I?